Wednesday, May 23, 2007

9 minutes,16 moves....

Today, Thursday, the 24th of May, 1100 hrs, a cluttered mind, seeking refuge and solitude.
Aimless....I play a game of chess - a game tried, tested and given up....years ago.
My opponent this time around - Willamette a.k.a the seventh-generation x86 architecture microprocessor produced by Intel, The Pentium -4.

A checkered battlefield, two minds, one programmed to never lose,
the other... seeking refuge and solitude...
A depleted arsenal, a dead queen, and.. a miracle.
9 minutes, 16 moves.. and a message never seen before...
"Checkmate, You Win!!"
I turn around,.. all i see... is a bustling room...oblivious...
..and then..... it sinks..
Success occurs in private..failure.. when the worlds watching....

3 comments:

Trina said...

hillarious .... sensitively

Priya said...

Very well written. Loved the way u concluded it. :)

Pradnya said...

Coincidence there - was practicing chess around last weekend for a match at my workplace

had been years since I applied my mind to the black & white checks

sad though - i got knocked off in the first round itself - but on second thoughts - had it not been for me, my opponent wouldnt have progressed to round 2 :)